Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Runaways

I did say that I was into rock bands lately and so by chance, I stumbled into this film which was showing on HBO entitled, The Runaways.

The movie chronicles the early beginnings of the band The Runaways. It was an all girl rock band around the 70's. Learn more about the band here.

The cast was quite impressive. Well, the moment I saw Dakota Fanning's name in the roster, I immediately expected a really good film. Amazingly Kristen Stewart was with her in the film, and what's even more amazing is she seemed to have some talent up her sleeves. Maybe she's just really not cut out for girly roles.

Anyway, IMDB gave it 6.6 rating. Honestly speaking, I thought the film was good. Nothing too very impressive as all biographical film, but the cinematography and flow of the whole story for me was good and captured the feel of the decade. I really am not yet aware of the jargons and elements in film so that's generally all I can say. It held my attention for the whole length of the film and not for the wrong reasons... so there... if you want a more professional comment go to IMDB.

No comments:

Post a Comment